Season Opener Aylsham u12s vs Dereham Blacks

Match Report 17.09.17

Aylsham FC U12 v Dereham Town U12 Blacks, Youngs Park

Aylsham FC U12 kicked off their Norfolk Combined Youth Football League season against Dereham Town U12 Blacks this morning (Sunday 17th September) at Youngs Park.

The teams took to the field in bright sunny conditions with a good crowd assembled looking forward to a keenly contested game of football between two strong sides.

Dereham kicked off against a slight wind but Aylsham were quickest out of the blocks dominating the early exchanges. Some neat interplay between Ollie and Alfie in the 8th minute led to a hurried clearance by the Dereham defence conceding a corner.

Freddy put in a deep cross that Alfie headed back across goal to Jude who directed the ball just over the bar under pressure from the goalkeeper. In the 9th minute Aylsham drew first blood taking a well deserved lead.

A long clearance from Loz was flicked on by Alfie into the path of a marauding Ollie and his first touch took him swiftly past his defender. A fantastic cross on the run was delivered into the box where Alfie struck a spectacular right foot volley past the keeper for 1-0 Aylsham.

With their confidence high, the home team continued on top and were using the width of the pitch to their advantage with Mitchy and Ollie running their defenders ragged. A first-time pass from Mitchy created space for Josh to pick up the ball in the centre of midfield, ghosting past four opponents before firing just over from outside the box.

Dereham continued to try and break through the middle but Aylsham’s defence stood strong with Jaiden putting in a perfectly timed challenge to snuff out the danger and put the hosts back on the front foot. Ollie and Freddy linked up well down the right and a cross-shot by Ollie was pushed onto the post by the goalkeeper conceding a corner.

Jude and Josh combined well in the centre to create a chance for Alfie but the keeper made a smart stop taking the ball off his toes as he was about to shoot. Dereham were trying to catch Aylsham on the break and became very direct in their style putting long balls forward at every opportunity. Adam, Jaiden and Freddy at the back kept things solid putting in some brave tackles but Dereham became more dangerous as the half wore on with a few chances of their own created from winning second balls.

A break down the Dereham left led to a snap shot that Loz judged perfectly watching it go past the far post. It was end to end stuff as half-time approached.

The Dereham keeper pulled off a stunning diving save to his left keeping out an Alfie header that looked a goal all the way. As Dereham pushed forward a firm shot from the left side of the box cannoned back off the Aylsham bar and Loz had to be alert to claw away the rebound lifting it off the Dereham striker’s head.

Loz had to be at his best again shortly after tipping a vicious shot that was destined for the top corner over the bar.

Denver entered the fray and put in a fantastic challenge in the midfield before creating a chance for himself that was well saved as Aylsham regained control of the game. The whistle blew to bring an end to a high intensity half with the home side leading 1-0.

The second half began with Aylsham pushing forward again. A terrific through ball from Alfie set Freddy away and his shot was brilliantly tipped onto the bar by the busy Dereham keeper. Charlie came on in defence and linked up well with Freddy down the right leading to a burst forward by Adam who poked a shot wide from outside the box.

Dereham had a half chance of their own but their striker couldn’t quite find the target with a left foot volley from outside the box. The visitors pressed high having the wind in their favour with Aylsham struggling to clear their lines at times having to stay focused and resolute.

Tyler came on and was instantly into the game scampering down the left before setting Josh away but a great tackle prevented him from getting his shot off. Jaiden and Charlie pressurised the defence into a mistake that Alfie capitalised on but his dipping shot dropped just wide.

The game was very tight at this stage with few chances created but soon the sprung to life again. The Dereham central midfielder picked the ball up midway inside the Aylsham half and went on a mazy run before placing a shot low past Loz for the equaliser.

Aylsham didn’t let their heads drop and were immediately back in front from the restart.

Jaiden put in a solid tackle on the right finding Jude free in the centre circle. A first time ball into Josh created an opening for a through ball to Alfie who’s first time left footed drive shot across the keeper and into the net off the far post restoring Aylsham’s lead.

Five minutes later the hosts furthered their advantage after Loz played a short goal kick to Mitchy who looked up and struck a long ball forward into the left channel. Alfie was onto it in a flash outpacing his defender before cutting inside and completing his hat-trick from an angle with a accurate left foot finish to make it 3-1 to Aylsham.

Both defences stood strong as opportunities were restricted to shots from distance which were meat and drink for the goalkeepers as the game approached its end.

A final opportunity for Aylsham came after a great ball forward from Jaiden sent Alfie away but the keeper made a smart stop with his foot low down to his right.

The final whistle blew to signal the end of an exciting game of football between two committed teams played in good spirit with Aylsham coming out on top and fully deserving of the three points.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *