Parents/Carers and Spectators have a great influence on children’s enjoyment and success in football. All children play football first and foremost because they love the game. Positive encouragement will contribute to children enjoying football, a sense of personal achievement, self-esteem and improving skills & techniques.
Your expectations and attitudes can have a significant bearing on children’s attitude towards other players, Officials, Manager’s & Spectators. So, always be positive and encouraging towards all of the children:
- Applaud the opposition as well as your own team
- Don’t coach before, during or after the game
- Do not shout or scream
- Respect the referee’s decision
- Give attention to each of the children involved in football, not just the most talented
- Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football
- Don’t encroach on the pitch/stand well back from the line during matches, leaving space for officials
- Positively support the managers/coaches decisions at all time.
As a club, we recognise we have a major responsibility to ensure the behaviour of coaches, players and parents is at all times within acceptable boundaries and will not hesitate to consider sanctions including:
- Temporary training or match rest periods for players without refund
- Temporary or permanent pitch side spectator bans for family members; where we feel this is in the best interests of all concerned.
Please note all forms of swearing and or, disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated by the club.