Successful Away Day For Aylsham U13s 


Match Report 28.10.18

Aylsham FC U13 v Fakenham Town U13, Fakenham Academy

Aylsham FC U13 were on their travels again making the journey to take on Fakenham Town U13 at Fakenham Academy this morning (Sunday 28th October).

In bright and sunny conditions Fakenham kicked off and looked to move the ball quickly. Aylsham enjoyed some early possession and, after a cross from Tyler was sliced behind, won themselves a corner in the 4th minute. Freddy swung in a dangerous centre from the visitor’s left and Ronnie timed his forward run perfectly to create enough space to bury a firm header into the corner of the net to give Aylsham an early lead.

The visitors were having the bulk of possession and were passing the ball around nicely but they had to be on their guard after conceding a free-kick midway inside their own half. The set-piece was whipped in with pace and a Fakenham forward met it on the volley, squaring it to a teammate, but Bailey was quick to react to block the shot inside the six-yard box to prevent a certain goal, Ollie completing the clearance.

Aylsham continued on the front foot and neat interplay between Jaiden, Ronnie and Jude created an opportunity for Adam to shoot but his effort flashed wide. Aylsham went close again in the 11th minute after Jude was first to a goal kick, heading it forward where Freddy and Denver exchanged passes before Freddy forced an excellent save from the keeper low down. Two minutes later Jude picked up a loose ball and played a wonderful through-ball down the right channel for Freddy to chase. The front-man put in a dangerous delivery on the run that Ronnie met perfectly, but while he struck it cleanly, his volley went agonisingly wide.

Fakenham were looking to get the ball forward quickly in their quest for an equaliser and they won themselves a free-kick on the edge of the Aylsham area in the 20th minute. The visitors three man wall stood strong and blocked the effort that was half cleared but Ronnie put pressure on and forced a mistake to come away with the ball. Ronnie advanced over halfway before spotting Freddy’s run and playing a perfect through-ball into his path. Freddy had one thing on his mind as he burst clear and finished clinically with a low left-footed drive to double Aylsham’s lead.

Two minutes later the visitors made it 3-0 after Tyler intercepted a long ball to find Ronnie on the left side. A quick cross-field ball found Josh and he executed a perfect flick to lift it over a defender’s head and Freddy was in again, finishing with a powerful first-time shot giving the keeper no chance. From kick-off Fakenham fashioned themselves a chance to reduce the arrears after a good move following a throw-in but the final shot went just wide.

In the 27th minute Aylsham made a double substitution with Brad and Alfie replacing Denver and Ronnie. Fakenham enjoyed a good period of possession, a brave header from Mitchy cleared an effort from a corner and at the other end Freddy put in a great cross that was met by a defender just in front of Brad and the home keeper had to pull of a fine reaction save.

With two minutes to go in the first period Jack came on for Jaiden and immediately a slick move from an Aylsham throw gave Alfie a chance to shoot but his effort was deflected behind for a corner. Freddy delivered the centre into the box where Jude was able to escape his marker and plant a powerful header into the net to make it 4-0 to the visitors, the last action of an excellent first half performance by Aylsham.

The visitors kicked off the second half carrying on their good work and a lovely move between Freddy, Josh and Jack early on almost created another goal, the Fakenham keeper just getting to the ball before Brad could apply the final touch. The opening exchanges were very even with both teams staying well organised, most of the action taking place in the central third, but Aylsham had another chance in the 42nd minute after a strong sliding challenge by Mitchy halted a promising Fakenham attack. The ball fell to Jude who looked up and set Freddy away with a long ball over the top and the striker accelerated into the box but his low shot was well saved by the home keeper.

Fakenham had a great chance to reduce the arrears on 44 minutes after a quick break down the left. A low cross was flicked into the path of a home attacker and, while Tyler bravely blocked the first shot, the ball was headed back into the danger area and after a few ricochets fell nicely to another Fakenham attacker. The second effort was struck with power but Bailey dived his right to save well from point blank range to keep his clean sheet intact. In the build up to the chance Jude took a knock and had to come off for treatment, Denver taking his place in the midfield.

Aylsham won a free-kick just inside the Fakenham half after Jack beat his man with a nice piece of skill and was tripped as he looked to go through on goal. Mitchy sent in a dangerous cross that was only half cleared where Brad and Josh linked up well to give Alfie a shooting chance that the home keeper held confident low down with Freddy and Jack alert for any rebound. In the 57th minute Ronnie came back on for Adam with Jack moving to right back. Four minutes later another change by the visitors saw Jaiden returning for Denver with Freddy moving to the back and Jack moving up front.

Ollie was strong under pressure and held off his man well to find Ronnie and he played a lovely ball through for Jack to chase who accelerated clear and looked to chip the keeper on the run but his effort went just over. Two minutes later Jack lifted a perfectly weighted ball into Alfie’s path who let the ball run across his body before firing a left-footed drive that took the tiniest of deflections sending the ball inches wide of the post.

Fakenham created an opportunity from a free-kick that Aylsham couldn’t clear but a home attacker hooked the ball just over the bar from close range. Denver came back into the fray replacing Tyler for the final few minutes but with both sides cancelling eachother out the game drew to a close after a much more even second half. Aylsham’s four first-half goals saw the three points go to the visiting side who remain clear at the top of the Norfolk Combined Youth Football League Premiership.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *