Five Star Display By Aylsham U12s

Match Report 15.10.17

Aylsham FC U12 v North Walsham Town U12, Youngs Park

Aylsham FC U12 welcomed local neighbours North Walsham Town U12 to Youngs Park this morning (Sunday 15th October) in the Norfolk Combined Youth Football League Premiership.

Aylsham kicked off in beautiful sunny conditions on a lush carpet-like surface, confidently playing the ball around at the back before bursting forward in the opening move. Ollie and the fit again Freddy linked up well down the right before setting Alfie away. The striker outmuscled his defender creating an opportunity to shoot on the run and, after the keeper saved well with his foot, a desperate challenge just prevented Mitchy from putting away the rebound.

Aylsham were happy to be patient, moving the ball across the field with a sweeping move started by Tyler resulting in a corner that led to the first goal in the 2nd minute. Freddy put in a dangerous centre that Josh won bravely, nodding the ball back to Jaiden who calmly side-footed the ball into the net to give the home side the early advantage.

Aylsham were breaking forward with intent and pace but still had to be on their guard as North Walsham threatened through the middle with Jude, Ollie and Tyler all having to make great challenges to halt the visitors progress.

A tidy piece of play between three North Walsham players on the edge of the Aylsham box created their first sight of goal on 11 minutes. Loz had to be at his best to keep out a well struck shot diving smartly down to his left to parry the effort away.

On 13 minutes Aylsham almost scored a second when a long clearance from Ollie was flicked on by Freddy into the path of Alfie down the right. Alfie cut inside his defender unleashing a curling effort that the keeper brilliantly pushed away. Mitchy was on to it in a flash and showed quick feet in the box to make space to hit a right footed shot against the post. Mitchy beat the keeper from the rebound but saw his goal bound effort hacked off the line and away. Josh retrieved the ball laying it off to Jaiden but his drive was bravely blocked and the ball was cleared.

Moments later Tyler put in a strong challenge to win the ball feeding Mitchy wide left who saw his cross-shot just evade the far post with the keeper scrambling backwards. Jaiden had taken a knock that forced him off for treatment so Freddy joined Josh in the centre with Jack coming on wide right.

Charlie came into the fray and the two substitutes combined well as the ball was moved quickly from Jack on the right to Charlie in space on the left after Jude had won the ball with a sliding challenge. Alfie held up Charlie’s slide-rule pass laying it into Freddy’s path but again the keeper showed his class making another diving save. Charlie was in on the action again soon after, picking up on a loose clearance and firing in a shot from distance that flew just over the bar.

Aylsham were dominating possession but Loz was called into action from a North Walsham corner having to block a goal-bound effort on the line to keep the home side’s lead intact. After clearing their lines Aylsham got the reward their dominance deserved as they scored their second goal on 24 minutes with an absolute worldie! Charlie won the ball strongly finding Alfie in the middle of the pitch who looked up to send Mitchy off down the left. Mitchy played the ball through for Jack to chase but the keeper got there first to clear. Freddy picked the ball up just inside the North Walsham half, taking a touch before hitting a magnificent shot over the keeper into the net from the edge of the centre circle.

Four minutes from half time Aylsham scored again after winning a free-kick in the middle of the pitch. Jude launched the ball forward where Josh headed the ball out to Mitchy on the left who lifted the ball first-time into the box. Alfie reacted quickly to a headed clearance and dropped his shoulder before going for goal. Alfie’s firmly struck shot was kept out by the keeper’s feet but Jack expertly controlled the rebound with his left foot before burying the ball into the back of the net with his right for 3-0 Aylsham.

There was time for one more goal before the break as North Walsham pulled one back. A long ball through the middle wasn’t cleared and the visiting player finished well from a tight angle after running clear to set up an exciting second half.

In the first minute of the second half Aylsham restored their three goal lead as Jack picked up the ball on the right and dribbled forward. Jack’s initial through-ball attempt was blocked but he lifted the second ball over the backline for Alfie to run on to. Alfie advanced forward drawing the goalkeeper out who managed to send the striker wide but an accurate left footed shot ended up in the net via a tiny deflection to give Alfie the goal his all round play had deserved.

Aylsham continued to create openings with Alfie and Mitchy both having shots from distance that were just off target and from a Freddy free-kick Jack headed wide. Archie came on and was immediately in the thick of the action, first winning a great header in midfield and then moments later going on a marauding run forward to create a chance for Mitchy that was well saved down low by the visiting keeper.

The second half was much more evenly balanced with North Walsham playing with a more direct style and threatened from a sweetly struck free-kick that Loz brilliantly clawed away at full stretch, diving to his left. Charlie, Ollie and Jude stood strong as North Walsham looked to get back into the game and Aylsham had to remain calm under pressure.

Jack and Freddy linked up well bringing Archie into play in turn finding Mitchy on the left who saw his cross deflected by the hand of a covering North Walsham midfielder. Freddy was on to the loose ball in a flash expertly rounding the keeper and finishing from a tight angle but the referee had already awarded a free-kick for the handball infringement which unfortunately came to nothing.

After recovering from his injury Jaiden came back on and pressed to force a loose clearance that Archie capitalised on but saw his shot well saved by the busy North Walsham keeper. The visitors were pushing forward in an attempt to get back into the game and when Aylsham couldn’t clear the ball a quick pass and tidy finish reduced the arrears making it 4-2 in favour of the home team.

A minute later Aylsham scored their fifth goal after Ollie lifted the ball forward to Alfie who controlled it confidently before turning his defender inside and out on his way to the byeline. Alfie put in an accurate low centre where Archie was on hand to roll the ball home.

The game became very compact towards the end but both teams continued to try and play football. The final whistle blew to signal the end of an entertaining game between two committed sides with quality players on show. The three points deservedly going to the home side who made it five wins out of five to remain three points clear at the top of the Premiership table.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *